Stepping into a new season can have its challenges and can wreak havoc on our health!
I know this is going to sound very strange, but I live like I am sick all of the time. I am not a hypochondriac; however, every day I focus on boosting my immunity. I am in and out of yoga studios, gyms, colleges and office buildings all week. So, it is crucial that I maintain a proactive approach to my health rather than a reactive one. When talking with friends or students who are fighting illness, I realize I am providing them with details on my every day routines. Maintaining my health is a priority so that I can serve others. I want to feel vibrant and full of life every day. So, here are my tips for boosting your immunity and energy.
- Start your day with hot lemon water.
- Drink green tea, liver cleansing teas, and other medicinal teas.
- Drink water. I love adding apple cider vinegar, lemon and cayenne to my water to help alkalize the body. Illness is attracted to acid. Make your body as alkaline as possible!
- Take baths with epsom salts and baking soda. Again, alkalize the body!
- Oil pull a few times a week to rid the body of bacteria.
- Sleep 7-9 hours!
- Exercise every day!!! Go for a walk, do some yoga, dance, spin…
- Meditate and tell yourself you are happy and healthy. The mind is powerful!
- Eat a lot of greens.
- Take your vitamins. I always make sure to take my multi-vitamin, vitamin c and probiotics.
- Dry brush your body to move lymph fluid.
I know this sounds like a long list, but these are all short and sweet steps that can be added in throughout your day and week so that you feel vibrant every day!
And, if you are not sure how to do some of these, check out my previous blogs where I talk in more depth about these steps.
Sending you health and happiness!