The holidays often make me feel a little bipolar. There are so many ups, so much fun, so much excitement, but then all this often leads to a crashing halt. But, I truly believe this doesn’t need to happen. Our healthy and happy glow can be maintained during the holidays. Here are some of my favorite tips to get through the holidays, travel or just an agenda filled with parties and outings.
1) Have Fun! I love being healthy, but I also love having fun and laughing with my family and friends. Laughing is also a great ab workout:) Don’t let your health agenda stop you from enjoying your friends and family.
2) Hydrate! Drink lots of H2O before, during and after all celebrations. Hydration makes us feel great and look great! I start every morning with a combination of a detox tea, green tea and lemon. I also love adding apple cider vinegar and lemon to my water throughout the day to help alkalize my body.
3) Eat Fiber! Fill up on veggies. There are so many amazing vegetables available this time of year. I love Brussels Sprouts, Squash, Turnips, Cabbage, Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes. Roast veggies with some coconut oil or olive oil, veggie broth and some fresh herbs. These will taste great and fill you up!
4) Move Your Body! You may be off of your routine because of traveling, visitors and events, but find something to do that keeps you moving. Ask family members to go for walks, bike rides, jogs or to join you at a yoga class. Feel free to go out dancing all night too! It is such a great workout and you will have lots of fun!
5) Be Grateful! Maintaing an attitude of gratitude will not only keep you healthy, but also happy. Love each moment with your family and friends and know that your routine will be waiting for you.
Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday!
XO – L
Hey there!! How are you? It has been awhile since