Join Laurel Attanasio for another unforgettable retreat in Italy.
This adventure will take place in the Italian Riviera where the Mountains/Montagna meet the Sea/Mare in the picturesque town of Sestri Levante.
Take a dip in the sea, hike through the mountains or simply sit and sip wine.
Why is this adventure like no other?
This 5 night/ 6 day adventure will take place in the stunning Italian Riviera. But, we will only explore the places where few tourists venture and where crowds are few unlike the neighboring Cinque Terre villages. Our mornings will be filled with views of the sea while we do yoga and enjoy cappuccinos. Our afternoons, will be spent exploring quiet, yet lively, coastal villages that provide beautiful views from the sea and the mountains. Evenings will be spent enjoying amazing food, wine and vistas. This adventure will pleasure all senses.
Destination: The Italian Riviera, Sestri Levante
Sestri Levante is the perfect location for an Italian holiday. Located on a peninsula, with the beautiful Baia del Silenzio, The Bay of Silence, on one side and Baia delle Favole, Bay of the Fables, on the other. Views of the sea will surround you. Similar to other Italian Riviera villages, the mountains merge into the sea allowing our mornings to be filled with hiking and our afternoons to be spent relaxing seaside. Sestri is also very accessible to neighboring villages, such as Portofino, Santa Margherita and Camogli, via short train rides and ferry service. All these beautiful villages are on our agenda.
Accommodations: The Gand Hotel dei Castelli
Yes, you guessed right. We are staying in an enchanting castle surrounded by both the Bay of Silence and the Bay of Fables. Grand Hotel dei Castelli is located on the peninsula of Sestri Levante and maintains the property grounds as a 4.5 acre natural park. The green of the Mediterranean vegetation melts with the colors of the sea. There are plenty of stunning locations to do yoga. With the impressive portal created from the ancient town walls, you get the impression of entering another time. The senses carry in a dimension where the charm of history and art melt with the masterpieces of nature. Although the castle is beautifully restored with modern amenities, you will step back in time to an era of knights and ladies of honor. From the promontory you can comfortably reach the center of the town, the sea promenade and the marina simply using the private lift.
- Accommodations at the beautiful Grand Hotel dei Castelli located on the peninsula of Sestri Levante surrounded by two bays and a private natural park/garden.
- Daily Yoga and Meditation in the Grand Hotel dei Castelli’s enchanting gardens overlooking the sea.
- Welcome Dinner, including Aperitivo and Wine in the town of Sestri Levante at one of the locals’ favorites.
- Sunset Aperitivo and Farewell Dinner with Wine at Ristorante ai Castelli with beautiful views of both the Bay of Fairy Tales and the Bay of Silence.
- Daily Breakfast provided at Ristorante ai Castelli. Enjoy breakfast while being mesmerized by the sea views.
- Beach Side Sunset Aperitivo and Wine Tasting with Light Fare at one of the locals’ favorite.
- Pesto Cooking Class with Ligurian Wine Tasting, including a Pasta Trofie with Pesto lunch.
- Traditional Ligurian lunch with breathtaking views of the sea and the town of Camogli.
- Ligurian culinary tasting at artisanal store.
- Guided Hike from Sestri Levante to Punta Manara.
- Guided Hike or Seaside stroll from Portofino to Santa Margherita. (Option to skip the hike/walk and return via Ferry to Sestri Levante.)
- Guided Hike in Camogli to San Rocco and Batterie with stunning views of the Ligurian Coast.
- Train Ride from Santa Margherita to Sestri Levante.
- Ferry Ride from Sestri Levante to San Fruttuoso and Portofino.
- Roundtrip Train Ride to Camogli.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight to Italy
- Transportation to Sestri Levante; however, Laurel will help you plan and organize. See below for more details.
- Some meals not mentioned
- Trip insurance and Travel Health Insurance is NOT included, but they are HIGHLY recommended; World Nomads has a lot of options. Take a look at Travel Insurance 101, a resourceful page that will help you get the coverage you need. Please also review the Booking Terms!
- Any additional evenings in Italy before or after. However, great recommendations can be provided!
Room Options and Per Person Rates
$800 NON- REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE Deposit secures your spot.
Further payment instructions provided at registration; however, please note all payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. If you are concerned for any reason about your ability to travel in the future, please obtain travel insurance. See above in What is NOT INCLUDED for suggestions and guidance on travel insurance.
Single Occupancy Rate $3,890
*Double Occupancy $2,930
Single Occupancy Rate $4,325
*Double Occupancy Rate $3,200
Testimonials from past retreat guests!
“The whole experience was magical. The location, the people, the food and most of Laurel’s approach to blending wellness and celebration together is the most exquisite way to experience Italy.”
“This retreat beyond exceeded my expectations. I came in not knowing many people, but knowing the activities that Laurel had planned were things that I liked to do. By the end of the trip I had made great friends and the activities were an amazing way to experience a foreign country without having to do major research. I had been to Italy before, but not to this specific area. Laurel did a fantastic job. I will definitely be going on another retreat. It was exactly what my mental health needed.”
“This retreat rocked my world. I felt like a kid again, not having to worry about the details of an amazing vacation, and just being able to relax and enjoy the experience. I loved how athletic the activities were, and that the group reconvened frequently so that those who wanted to relax more met up with us for socializing. It was a blessing to meet and travel with every single person in our group and I can’t wait to see them again in the future!”
“Wonderful trip – I appreciate all the effort you put into scouting things out ahead of time and not relying on outside vendors. You do a great job!”
“The Sestri Levante trip was our second yoga trip with Laurel and she’s two-for two! The trip is a perfect combination of enjoying the beauty of the Italian Rivera, physical activity of hiking and kayaking, delicious food and wine, and yoga ! While my wife regularly does yoga, I do it rarely. Despite my novice level, Laurel and the group made me so very comfortable while they effortlessly showed me how it’s done. I would highly recommend the trip for friendly people looking for a great trip and yoga.”
Getting to Grand Hotel dei Castelli
Transportation to and from the surrounding airports and trains can be arranged for an additional fee.
Closest airport is Genova, about 50 minutes.
Both Milan and Florence Airport are approximately 2 hours.
Pisa Airport is approximately 90 minutes.
By train, stop at Sestri Levante and the hotel can provide a pick up.
By car, click HERE for further details.
For further assistance with transportation to the hotel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Travel Tips:
Most flights arriving to Italy from the United States will be red-eyes. Please plan to depart the evening prior to the start of the retreat or beforehand.
When planning departure flights from Italy to the United States, please consider travel time to the airport (see above). Most guests plan to spend one evening in Milan or the surrounding area prior to departure reducing the very early departure required from Sestri Levante. Most flights from Milan will depart between 10:30-11:00AM.
If taking the train from Milan Malpensa Airport to Sestri Levante, please make sure to purchase a train to Milan Centrale and then to Sestri Levante. This would also apply to your return train ticket. From Milan Centrale there is a direct train to Sestri Levante. Tickets can be purchased in advance online, please click here.
If traveling by train, please provide arrival and departure details to Laurel. The Grand Hotel Castelli will pick up guests from the train station in Sestri Levante. It is 5 minute drive to/from the hotel.